Legal Assistant Ad
Who we are: Haq Law is a growing immigration law firm in Newark, CA, working on complex immigration matters related to asylum, citizenship & naturalization, immigrant visas, adjustment of status, and removal proceedings in administrative and federal courts.
We work hard to change lives through our work in a collaborative and collegial environment.
Who you are: We are looking for a Legal Assistant who can assist the Paralegal/Case Manager with preparing and filing immigration court and USCIS submissions, collecting evidence from clients, and other such tasks as assigned.
Possible Job Duties:
- Contact clients to help gather necessary evidence/info for filings;
- Follow-up with clients for missing evidence/info;
- Do client questionnaire for immigration forms;
- Fill out immigration forms;
- Organize client evidence for filings;
- Prepare filings for immigration court and immigration offices;
- Keep updated on immigration court hearings and keep clients informed;
- Keep updated on immigration court changes and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by Attorney and Paralegal/Case Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Prior experience in immigration and foreign language skills (particularly Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, or Nepali) (highly desirable);
- A bachelor’s degree, a paralegal certificate, or a high school degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience;
- A passion for helping the immigrant community;
- Exceptional client-relations skills;
- Excellent attention-to-detail skills;
- Understanding of a small office dynamic where one wears several hats;
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new immigration procedures and office skillsets;
- Strong computer literacy (Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.);
- The ability to learn a new case management system (MyCase);
- The ability to manage work independently after an initial training period (i.e. be self-motivated);
How to Apply:
- This is a full-time position with eligibility for health care and retirement benefits after a 3-month probationary period.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Interested applicants please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not call the office with inquiries about this position.