Who we are: Haq Law is a growing immigration law firm in Newark, CA, working on complex immigration matters related to asylum, citizenship & naturalization, immigrant visas, adjustment of status, and deportation proceedings in administrative and federal courts. We work hard to change lives through our work in a collaborative and collegial environment.
Who you are: We are looking for an Administrative Assistant who can help keep the office running smoothly. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, possess excellent attention to detail, and work well with a team.
Possible Job Duties:
- Log/scan incoming and outgoing mail;
- Set up client data and information in physical filing folders, case management system, and network client files for incoming and ongoing matters;
- Close physical case files for finished matters by scanning and shredding;
- Close electronic files in network client folders and case management system;
- Assist staff with mailing and assembling filings by copying and organizing documents;
- Monitor the status of all filed applications and petitions;
- Other duties as assigned by attorney and staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for helping the immigrant community;
- Has a year or more of administration experience in a small office;
- Has impeccable organizational skills;
- Has the ability to manage work independently;
- Understands a small office dynamic where one wears several hats;
- Will be flexible and willing to learn new immigration procedures and office skillsets;
- Strong computer literacy (Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.);
- Is comfortable learning new case management system;
- Prior experience in immigration and foreign language skills (particularly Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, or Nepali) is highly desirable;
- High school degree required; bachelor’s degree highly desirable. This would be an excellent position for a college student looking to get experience in the legal field.
How to Apply:
- This is a part-time hourly position with potential to grow into full-time. Compensation commensurate with experience. Interested applicants please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not call the office with inquiries about this position.